Guidelines for Guest Bloggers
Flashpacker Family is open for guest bloggers! We’d love content on destinations we haven’t covered – Africa, India, Central & South America and Eastern Europe. If you’re interested in guest blogging for us, send me an email with a pitch for your post – email@example.com
Guidelines for Guest Bloggers on Flashpacker Family
Please read through the following guidelines before submitting your guest post.
- All content must be entirely original and not duplicated or recycled from anywhere else on the web. All content must be written by you.
- We reserve the right to edit any content you submit to us.
- Please submit at least three photos for each post, including one to be used as a featured photo.
- You must have the right to reproduce any photos. You can use your own photos or use creative commons photos. You can add a photo credit to the caption or add a line at the end of the post.
- We prefer to have photos hosted by you and inserted into WordPress.
- We prefer landscape photos but, if necessary, we can use portrait photos. Your featured photo must be landscape.
- Photos should be re-sized to 600 in width. We prefer landscape images.
- We’re happy to accept photo essay posts.
- We prefer you to write your post in WordPress and email us the html code (preferably in a Google doc).
- Use sub-headers in your post. In wordpress, please use the <H2> header tag for major headings or bold text (no H2) for minor headers.
- Include a short Author Bio at the end of your post. This should include you blog URL and social media URLs (Twitter and Facebook).
- Where appropriate, you can include links back to your own blog in the text provided they are relevant. One or two links is acceptable.
- Links to other relevant sites can also be included.
- We reserve the right to remove any links we deem inappropriate.
- We do not accept any links to commercial sites or affiliate sales in content.
- We’ll promote your guest post on our Twitter and Facebook. We expect you to do the same.
- Subscribe to the comments of the post so you can reply to any questions and feedback about your article.