I can’t believe we’re going to Europe in a week! It’s a bit of a detour from our road trip around the US and North America but we had a good reason to head across the Atlantic and I found cheap flights so it made sense for us to go.
Here are the 20 Things I’m Most Looking Forward to About Europe:
- Paris – “Paris is always a good idea.” It’s been 8 years since my last visit and I can’t wait to be back in this city, this time with a husband and children in tow.
- The Eiffel Tower – It’s one of the most iconic buildings in Europe and I never get tired of seeing it. The Eiffel Tower will feature heavily in our plans for Paris. Picnic under, climb to the top, watch it twinkle at sunset. No wonder it’s one of the most visited paid attractions in the world.
- Seeing Keryn – As luck would have it our friend Keryn from Walking On Travels will be in Paris with her family at the same time as us. We love hanging out with her and her boys and have met them in Seattle and Las Vegas already.
- Tea at the Angelina – The most decadent pastries and hot chocolate in the world. It’s been on my bucket list for a while now!
- Finally Getting to Spain – Spain is one of those countries I’ve just never gotten to yet. I lived in London for 2.5 years but got addicted to Italy and always ended up there instead. I’m excited to finally get there.
- Seeing Izy – Izy from The Wrong Way Home is one of my travelling blogging BFFs. We hung out weekly in Christchurch and talked about blogging, business and life. I can’t wait to spend a week with her in Spain!
- TBEX – TBEX (short for Travel Bloggers Exchange) is the reason we’re headed to Europe. It’s a big conference for travel bloggers to network, learn and grow. It’s my first one so I hope to learn a lot.
- Meeting New People – So many travel bloggers that I love, but have never met, will be attending TBEX. I can’t wait to meet them all. If you’re going, let me know!
- The French Riviera – Nice is somewhere we’ve looked at as a base in Europe when we eventually get there so I’m hoping it lives up to our expectations.
- Cars in Monaco – Lee and Reuben LOVE exotic cars. The more expensive, the better. They will be in heaven in Monaco.
- Travelling Through Multiple Countries – Even with a short trip around Europe like ours, we’re still visiting nine countries and most of them will be new ones. (Lots of little ones like Monaco, Lichtenstein and Luxembourg included.) This will really help my 100 countries before 40 goal.
- Our Eurail Trip – We let YOU decide on the itinerary for our Eurail adventure. I’m excited to see how a reader lead trip works out.
- Instagram Takeover – As part of our Eurail trip we’re going to doing an Instagram takeover of their account. We’ll be sharing posts to Eurail’s Instagram a couple times a day to chronicle our journey across the continent by rail. (Don’t worry, we’ll still be posting on our Instagram too.)
- Taking Lee to Italy – Despite spending the first half of his life in England with many trips to Europe, Lee has never been to Italy. This is almost unfathomable to me as it’s my favourite country in Europe, if not the world. I can’t wait for him to experience the energy, passion and…
- ITALIAN FOOD!! Pizza, pasta, prosecco. Yum! I also have a “two scoops, twice a day” rule when it comes to gelato in Italy. It’s a good thing we’re only there for a few days.
- The Bernina Express – Billed as one of the best train journeys in Europe, if not the world, the Bernina Express travels from Italy to Switzerland through the Swiss Alps and it is stunning.
- Swiss chocolate – I’m a chocoholic so Switzerland was a no brainer for me. The best chocolate in the world? Yes please!
- Belgian chocolate – Naturally, I’ll have to sample a lot to decide who’s chocolate is the best.
- Bruges – Bruges looks beautiful. Hopefully we can squeeze in a day trip to this historic city from Brussels.
- Amsterdam – Even though we technically went to The Netherlands on our cruise last year, we haven’t really been. Amsterdam is another of Europe’s iconic cities that I just never got to while living over there. Also, Lee’s dad might be able to join as for a few days as he’ll be in London on business. Hurray for babysitters.
I can’t believe we’re squeezing ALL THIS into just five weeks. We are sure going to be busy!!