Updated June 2017.
People book the majority of their travel online these days. Booking and paying for travel online can literally take hours of your time. Search through various websites to check flight prices, scouring the best deals for hotels, pouring over Airbnb listings. When it comes time to pay for your travels online, what do you do? Whip out the credit card or debit card and furiously key in a bunch of numbers?
I prefer to pay for my travel with Paypal. It’s quick and easy to Paypal travel bookings. Over the years I’ve found more and more travel sites that accept Paypal as a means of payments. These Paypal travel sites are not dodgy booking engines, they are legitimate hotel booking sites, travel agencies, train ticket providers and airlines that accept Paypal.
What You'll Find in This Post
- 1 Why You Should Consider Paying for Travel with Paypal
- 2 What travel sites accept Paypal?
- 3 Hotels That Accept Paypal
- 4 Vacation Rental Booking Sites That Accept Paypal
- 5 Sites Where You Can Pay for Flights with Paypal
- 6 Airlines That Accept Paypal
- 7 Cruise Lines That Accept Paypal
- 8 Buying Train Travel Online with Paypal
- 9 Buying Theme Park Tickets with Paypal
- 10 Buying Tours & Airport Transfers with Paypal on Your Travels
- 11 Buying Luggage & Other Travel Gear Online with Paypal
Why You Should Consider Paying for Travel with Paypal
- You don’t have a credit card. Maybe you’re too young, have poor credit or just choose not to have a credit card. You can still book your travel online!
- You don’t want to risk getting into debt. Clever, clever. Getting into debt to travel is NOT a good idea.
- You’re concerned about credit card security. Especially if you’re using public Wifi on the road, you should think twice about where and when you use your credit card online.
- It’s quicker and easier. Typing in your Paypal address is quicker and easier than getting your credit card out of your wallet and keying in all those numbers.
- You don’t want to pay additional booking fees to use your card. Many airlines tack on extra fees for using your credit card to book your fares. Avoid it by using Paypal!
- You earn money online and it goes straight to Paypal. Many of us digital nomad types earn money online around the globe and it goes straight to Paypal. To avoid Paypal’s heavy fees for moving your money out of Paypal, just spend it online with Paypal.
What travel sites accept Paypal?
Read through my is an ever-growing list of ways you can pay for your travel With PayPal below. I keep this list completely up to date and review it at least once a month.
Hotels That Accept Paypal
This is not so much about specific hotels that take Paypal. You can easily Paypal hotels via hotel booking sites. Most people book hotels via booking sites like Priceline or Hotels.com anyway!
Even though you book hotel with PayPal, the hotel themselves will likely ask you for a credit card on check-in for any additional room charges unless it’s a cheaper hotel, hostel or guesthouse that doesn’t have in-room services.
Vacation Rental Booking Sites That Accept Paypal
With the exception of Airbnb, payment methods on vacation rental booking sites vary depending upon what payment methods the owner wishes to accept. You can Paypal travel on Airbnb but when making your booking you have to select that you’re from a country other than the United States, for example, New Zealand. Don’t worry, this won’t have any affect on your account or booking, it’s just a technical workaround.
- Airbnb –Want to try out Airbnb? Click here to get a $20 off coupon.
Sites Where You Can Pay for Flights with Paypal
In addition to the airlines that accept Paypal listed below, there are a few other ways to pay for flights with Paypal. You can Paypal flights using these websites:
- Cheapoair – Flight bookings. You need to use the .com version of the site for Paypal to come up as a payment option. Click here and use the coupon code SPRING20 for up to $20 off flight bookings!
- BYOJet.co.nz – For bookings in New Zealand, Australia and worldwide
- Bravoavia – Russian-based site specialising in European flights
- Rumbo.com – Spanish-based site specialising in European flights
- Bookit.com – Flights, packages, hotels and car rentals though Paypal option doesn’t appear for all options
- Hotwire.com – Flights, packages, hotels and car rentals
Airlines That Accept Paypal
The following is a list of airline that take Paypal. Booking direct with the airline is a good way to Paypal flights as you won’t incur any additional fees added on by booking sites. If you pay for flights with Paypal, you often end up getting your flight cheaper as many airlines add on additional charges for paying with credit cards.
- Jetstar Australia
- Virgin Australia – You can book some codeshare Air New Zealand flights using Virgin Australia
- American Airlines (for flights in the US, Canada and UK only and using a US Paypal account only)
- Air Tran
- Delta (for flights in the US only)
- Jet Blue (excluding flights to the Dominican Republic)
- United (for flights in the US only)
- US Airways
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- German Wings
- Jet 2
- KLM – When paying with mobile app
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Monarch (GBP and EUR only)
- TAP Portugal
- El Al
- Emirates – AUD/EUR/GBP/USD only
- Etihad Airways – Only in USD, GBP and AED (for flights originating in countries where that currency is used.) Etihad is one of our favourite airlines. To see why, read this post.
- Qatar Airways – They have a code for 10% off when booking with Paypal “PAYPALUK02″
- Royal Jordanian
- South African Airways
- Air Asia – When paying in Australian dollars and only for flights originating from Australia
- Air China
- Cebu Pacific
- China Airlines
- China Southern
- Hainan Airlines
- Malaysia Airlines – Only when using their mobile app
- Singapore Airlines
Cruise Lines That Accept Paypal
- Carnival Cruise Line – If you want to pay for cruise with Paypal then your best option is booking a cruise with Carnival. They are the only cruise line that accepts Paypal.
Buying Train Travel Online with Paypal
Buying Theme Park Tickets with Paypal
- Knotts.com – For tickets to Knotts Berry Farm and Knotts Soak City in California
- Tours4Fun.com – For theme park tickets world wide, also lets you buy Disneyland tickets with Paypal
Buying Tours & Airport Transfers with Paypal on Your Travels
- CityPASS – Sightseeing passes for cities across North America.
- Big Bus Tours – Offers city sightseeing tours in the top cities around the world like London, New York, Las Vegas, Hong Kong and many more. Check their site for the complete list of destinations.
- Holiday Taxis – Airport transfers in tonnes of locations
Buying Luggage & Other Travel Gear Online with Paypal
- Eagle Creek
- Ebags – Plus you can get 10% Off + Free Shipping over $49 with email sign-up using this link,
- Fishpond – Fishpond.com, Fishpond.co.nz and Fishpond.com.au accept Paypal for books and travel accessories with free shipping.
- Kathmandu – Kathmandu.co.uk and Kathmandu.com.au accept Paypal but not the New Zealand site unfortunately
- Lonely Planet – Plus get 3 for 2 on all Books, eBooks and Digital Chapters using this link.
- MTX Connect – SIM cards that all data roaming across all of Europe. Excellent buy if you’re planning travelling in Europe! Read more here.
Pin this post for later!